Thursday, April 22, 2010

Baby W Pics


Well, we had another appointment with Dr. R...no new news. Everything looked the same. Baby W's fluid levels in his abdominal cavity hadn't increased (It has only been 6 days though). The appointment wasn't too eventful, except for the fact that we got to see Baby W in ACTION! He was sitting facing out this time, which he rarely does, so the ultrasound tech was able to let us watch him move around in 3-D. It was so funny because right before she changed it to 3-D Cody said, "I wonder if he EVER moves his arms from under his chin, it seems like he is always sitting with them like that." I, in response, said, "No, I don't know if he can move them, I think that is how they are" (rather snotty-like!). Literally 5 seconds later she changed it to 3-D and there was Baby W, waving his arms everywhere! Ha! Proved me wrong! Lately I think he has been putting his tiny hand up under my right ribs...something is there anyway...believe me, it is not comfy! Anyway, the pic at the top is when he was waving away at us...so cute!

Okay, you may not believe me, but he opened his eyes too! The picture above is right when he was opening, it is kind of hard to see. His right eye is open just a little bit...it was pretty crazy! I didn't know that they could do that. He was also moving his mouth all over, it is so neat to watch him in there. (The reason the outsides of the pictures and sometimes his face is blurry is because of the amniotic fluid).

Last, but not least, a not-so-fun, but very informative picture. This is a side view of Baby W. You can see that his upper chest, where his heart and lungs are, is small compared to his abdominal cavity. His entire torso should be one big oval, but his rib area is just so small. You can also see a little bit of the fluid around his abdominal cavity. It hasn't moved into his upper chest yet, so that is good. Hopefully that fluid stays just where it is! (Or just disappears...that would be nice, too!!!)


11 comments:

  1. Love 3D ultrasounds! He is so cute, I totally see alot of you in him, and a little of Cody too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..so glad that there was no "new news". I just love that little bump! Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, you don't know me - I'm married to your husband's cousin, Frank Petty. We've been married for 7 years and dating for 10, but I still haven't met most of his Winterholler cousins. Anyway, Cody's Aunt Beth & Uncle Frank let us know about your blog and situation and I just wanted to let you know that we've been reading your story and thinking of and praying for you. Good luck in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to see the 3D pictures! What a cutie with his arms just tucked up so snug. We are thinking of and praying for you three.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still praying for you everyday. I pray that you get to hold your precious baby! I am still holding out hope that this little guy defies all the odds! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing the 3-D pictures!! I feel like they let us get to know him. We love you and pray for you always!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chelsea--you're just darling. Thank you for the updates on baby...I pray for you guys all the time. I know you are going to be okay no matter what happens. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures. And also for the super nice comments over at our blog. You are going through so much right now... more than any of us could ever imagine. And STILL you are encouraging others. You are one awesome, strong woman!

    ReplyDelete