Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thoughts

Just a few thoughts as of late...

-As each day passes I am more excited to be 'mommy and daddy'. I can't wait to meet this little guy. Much to my surprise, as each day passes I also get a little more nervous. I know he is just a normal baby, but the more I learn and study about achon, the more I realize that there are many things other than the normal to think about. I am worried about my son not making it here to us. I am worried about his safety when he sleeps, I am worried about his little spine developing after he is born. I am worried about what car seat to buy him so I don't harm his back. I am worried about laying him down alone and him not being able to breathe. I am sure that so many of these things will come with time; I will get more comfortable with how to take care of my little guy and all will be fine. These are just things that I think about from time to time.

-I am so thankful for my faith. I don't know what I would do without a God to talk to every day. I am sure that some days he gets sick of me I talk with him so much! He is such a comfort to me in knowing that our little boy is just how he is supposed to be.

-I can't imagine going through this with anyone but Cody. What an amazing husband he is. So calm and rational. My many breakdowns are sometimes approached with kind words, and sometimes just hugs. Whatever way he chooses to console me seems to be the perfect way at the time. I am so grateful for his education. Although at times I don't see him as much as I either of us would like, I know that it is what he needs to be doing right now to secure the future for our family. I am so blessed to have a husband who chose a profession that will provide for all of our little man and his health needs. Lately he has been so great about giving me extra attention, and O how it helps!

-Sometimes I worry about the Dr.'s diagnosis...how correct is it? How can they be sure? What if it is a different type of skeletal dysplasia? My bi-monthly Dr. appts help with this, but there is always the question.

-I know this baby was supposed to come to Cody and I, and into our extended family. We have the most overwhelmingly supportive family who have been through struggles harder than I can even imagine. I know that he will be strengthened by each one of his grandparents, great-grandparnets, aunts, uncles, cousins, and so on. He is going to be so loved he will get sick of it!

-When am I going to feel you kick, or roll over, or whatever you are doing in me? WHEN!?!

-I feel so blessed to be entrusted with this baby in our home. I think about all of the blessings that he is going to bring to us. We are going to meet some AMAZING people. He is going to teach us about true perseverance. He is going to be the most amazing thing that ever happens to us, and I feel that every day!

I am sure that I will continue to have these questions for the next 18 weeks, probably the next 18 years! Hopefully they someday are all clear-cut to me though! Random post, sorry.

6 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with randomness. It is so natural as a mother to worry and as our children grow the worry doesn't seem to go away. There are always more obsticals to overcome and hopefully as parents and children these obsticals only make us stronger. Thank you for having the courage to share your thoughts! Thanks heavens for the Gospel and as you said our Loving Heavenly Father, friends and family. We are so glad you guys are here in Omaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to motherhood! :) I know you have other worries to carry, but you're right-God hears your concerns and He will address them in His time. One thing that may bring you comfort is that He has never failed you and He won't start now! He is the same faithful Father He's always been.
    Your prayers are added to mine. Daily.
    If you close your eyes, can you smell your new baby boy? Can you hear his little 'cooooo's and his sweet breathing? Soon, you'll have little feet running around and you'll hear his laughter and your heart will want to burst because it's so FULL! :) Focus on these things, the others will come together. They will.
    Big Hugs
    AmberK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these all sound like normal mommy-to-be worries and concerns! You will be wonderful and that "mothers intution" is such a real thing! You will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me cry to hear the kind words you have to say about my baby brother. He has always had a special place in my heart and I am so glad that he is so loved by you!! This little man is coming to the perfect home!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to be a wonderful mother. Your concerns are so natural. You also have alot longer to think of other concerns that were not even issues at this point in my pregnancy. At 19 or so weeks Preston was measuring ahead. I had never registered for exersaucers or swings just because I didn't want all that extra stuff anyway so that saved time. I had a stroller that could lay flat and also recline to a 45 degree angle once Pres was sitting up a bit better. He never went into a jumperoo because I thought they were dangerous for any child.
    I know my blog shows Pres from age 2 and up but he was such a great amazing little baby too. Are you on Facebook? I have some of Pres' baby pictures. I remember the one thing I always wanted to know was what he was going to look like. I was convinced he was coming out like an alien. That is why I am so happy that we all have these blogs now. Sure we had the POLP yahoo group but that group I feel is not as active now with all the bloggers and Facebook. We are a pretty active community on there.
    So happy you are joining our "family."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't be sorry that was a wonderfully spiritual and uplifting post. i love and admire your faith. we are so blessed to have you and cody as friends. If anyone is supposed to have this baby it is you guys and i am so glad you know that. i am so excited to meet your little guy i love how he already so happy! that picture of him smiling is the best! I am so excited to see you in a few days!!!

    ReplyDelete